Date: 9th July 2009 at 6:38pm
Written by:

It has been another day with no news of any new signings so we still have not added to the three new faces already signed up by Owen Coyle-Mears, Fletcher and Edgar.

There has been though as usual lots of speculation in the media and we provide below a synopsis of today’s claims and counterclaims.

The Clarets are reported to have had a £300,000 offer for Hamilton defender Brian Easton rejected by Hamilton Academicals Chairman, Ronnie MacDonald. McDonald said:

“We`ve opened discussions with Burnley.They are ongoing, but will remain confidential.”

It is thought a fee of around £500,000 could be sufficient to sign the player although we now appear to be facing competition from both Middlesborough and Wigan for the Scotland Under 21 defender.

Owen Coyle has already seen Accies reject a £750,000 bid for their midfield starlet James McCarthy and yesterday it looked like Wolves could pip us to the post with an offer double our bid but no further developments on that one today.

26 year old striker Marcus Tudgay is still holding out for talks with the Clarets and refuses to sign a new three-contract for the Owls which it is understood he previously accepted verbally.

‘At this moment in time Marcus does not want to sign a new deal at Sheffield Wednesday as he is keen on a move to Burnley,’ his agent Darryl Powell told skysports.com.

‘It is public knowledge that Burnley have made an offer for Marcus and we believe it was a reasonable offer for someone who has just one year to run on his contract.Marcus would like the opportunity to talk to Burnley as obviously he would like to have the chance to play in the Premier League.It is nothing against Sheffield Wednesday as Marcus has been there three years and he has really enjoyed it, but it is about ambition and getting the chance to play at the highest level.It is between the two clubs and we hope something can be agreed to give Marcus the chance to play in the Premier League.’